Remote Group Job Description
Job Title: Senior Technical Sales Associate
Reports to: General Manager of Remote Group or as otherwise directed
The primary role of the Senior Technical Sales Associate is to drive accelerated sales growth of/for Remote’s Biocidal product line, Chlorine Dioxide product line and services, and related value-added products, by cultivating new business and maintaining assigned business relationships with the U.S E&P’s. This role has a strong emphasis on account leadership skills, converting strategic clients and the need to build strong long-term business relationships.
- To generate, develop and mentor new accounts with a mandate to increase revenue and margins by conducting in person visits, providing informative and professional presentations, participating in trade shows, conventions and industry seminars to promote Remotes full business offerings;
- Establishing strong business relationships with existing client base as assigned;
- Contribute to Remote’s business planning process, effect plan implementation and execute both a personal and corporate sales strategy with minimal supervision with the goal in mind to always exceed sales expectations;
- High sense of ethics to find truly win-win solutions with clients, ensuring long term client relationship growth;
- Identifying value add products, services and solutions bringing them forward, allowing Remote to stay in the forefront with their clients;
- Views sales as a process with logical stages and checkpoints to qualify and proceed, or to disqualify quickly;
- Demonstrate effective and disciplined time management skill set; and,
- Increase market intelligence by providing information around our industry, competitors and customers to the Senior Management team.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a working member of a team, the Senior Technical Sales Associate duties and responsibilities are as follows:
Client Development, Management and Relations
- Responsible for ongoing market/client development with the primary focus of sustained revenues and increased margins for the Remote Group portfolio;
- Secure product and service orders from new and existing clients through a relationship-based approach;
- Overcome objections of prospective customers and manage conversations with a focus on providing solutions for oriented results;
- Ability to effectively develop and present information, respond to questions from senior executives, managers, peers, customers and public;
- Ensuring client satisfaction through regular contact, resolving of issues and or concerns by providing reasonable solutions;
- Entertain customers/clients both during and outside of normal business hours on a regular basis within expense guidelines & budgets, while staying within Remote’s corporate ethical boundaries inline with good business practices;
- Regularly travel to client’s field locations to ensure close face to face relationships are kept with the field/onsite representatives;
- Build and foster a network of contacts and referrals that promotes and drives new opportunities with new and existing clients;
- Follow and manage customer value plan for existing customers with the focus being identifying key value-added opportunities; and,
- Ensure all sales activities and opportunities are up to date daily in Salesforce, Remotes CRM program.
Business, Professional and Personal
- Participate in the preparation, development and implementation of annual sales & marketing budgets and plans for the assigned areas of responsibilities and accountabilities;
- Achieve and exceed annual planned sales and margin objectives for assigned market and territory segments while maintaining approved expense guidelines;
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft programs (MS Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint) along with Salesforce and other integrated ERP systems, as required. In Remotes case that is JONAS;
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills;
- Devotion to achieve goals through self-management of time and resources;
- Driven with high sense of personal discipline, accountability and performance;
- Work closely with Remote staff to develop strong positive relationships with the various operating and administrative departments within the Remote organization ensuring all aspects of our client’s experience is in line with Corporate and Senior Managements expectations;
- Championing new products and services;
- Ongoing and identifying professional and personal development in line with position;
- Provide technical support to both existing and potential clients, identifying and resolving challenges and escalating as required;
- Overall technical support, product development and delivery; and,
- Regular travel which would include trade shows, field visits, sales calls and to other branches/divisions in and up to 30% of your time out of office overnight.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintenance of accurate records which could include but no limited to: sales reports, expense forms, billing, work orders and other documentation as required. This includes meeting the necessary and required sales time lines for submission to assigned groups; and,
- Accuracy and attention to detail is paramount.
- Post secondary education preferred with a focus in Engineering, Science, Chemicals.
- Minimum 5 to 8 years experience in direct Oil & Gas sales in the U.S.
- Extensive working knowledge of the well completion process and chemical additives used in Oil and Gas.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven track record of/for building a customer base with continuous ongoing revenue year over year.
- Excellent client relations and negotiating skills.
- Water treatment or specialty chemical industry experience.
- Strong ability to utilize technical knowledge and analytical skills to resolve problems including objections from both internal and external customers.
- Proven ability to manage and influence others.
- Clear driver’s abstract.
- This position is partially Home office based and partially field office based with a fair amount of walking and sitting involved.
- Up to about 30% of overnight travel for trade shows, conferences and field activities.
- With field activities you are expected to be fit for duty and retain all of the necessary HSE tickets required for both corporate and site-specific needs.
- Ability to work long hours as needed without exception.
- Expectation to be fit for field duties.
- None at this time.